Thursday, December 17

Insurance

Okay...so my mother is an Executive Agent at Guardian Life BUT I really do think that insurance is 1 of the BIGGEST rip offs that any normal person has to deal with - and I've told her as such.  Now...don't get me wrong, I'm glad that i have it but oye! the insurance companies don't always make it easy for you. 




Anyhoo,  at the end of the 2007, i got a statement  of savings from the pharmacy i use; I call them every month to schedule a shipment of my "beloved" shots.  I won't get into the cost of the MRI/Lumbar Puncture etc, but my medication cost upward of $16K (and that was 2 years ago).  My cost; roughly $300.  Actually, at the beginning of every year, i normally hold my breath around the delivery of the 1st shipment, because I fear that my monthly cost will increase.  Boy am I glad that i have the insurance!!!  What would my fate have been if i didn't?  I know someone who doesn't take any shots - i applaud her, but as much as i "look forward to taking them every day",  I'm not brave enough to find out what would/could happen if i didn't.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it would be nice to remember to take your shot on a daily basis thank you, instead of me or G saying yuh tek yuh shot and then you say, "ah no".

    ReplyDelete