I was approached by Hannah Taylor, "a healthy-living enthusiast, wife and mother of 5 fur babies who runs My Claim Source (a website dedicated to offering free health insurance resources)" to write a guest post here. this was new to me - eh? Noone had ever approached me before, but once i looked into it, i agreed. below is the post from Hannah…enjoy!
Happy or Healthy?
Excellent health and happiness have somewhat become the universal gist for toasts and best wishes for many occasions. While it's true that good health fosters happiness, can we say that happiness leads to greater health? What would you rather be - healthy or happy?
Why choose when you can be both at the same time?
Do Laugh More
- When they say "laughter is the best medicine", they don't just mean that figuratively. Quite literally, it is the best medicine. Laughter boosts your immune system, eases your fear and anxiety, relieves stress and improves your mood. Plus, it's free.
Do Spend Time in Nature
- Regular contact with Mother Nature will do wonders to your health. Enjoying time among trees and in nature can help reduce stress, lower blood pressure, boost your immunity, improve circulation, and enhance your sense of well being and relaxation. Remember, fresh air is good for you.
Do Eat Well
- Clean eating is essential in maintaining good health. Eating various ranges of healthy foods ensures that our body gets all the nutrients it needs. It can reduce our risk of various diseases and help us feel our best. Healthy does not mean boring and bland. Cooking and eating well will give you the opportunity be creative and have fun with your food.
Do Sleep Well
- Getting enough quality sleep is important to our overall health and well-being. When we sleep, our body heals and restores itself. It's relaxing and rejuvenating and it keeps us on our toes and doing our best.
Do Exercise Regularly
- Physical activity and exercise are good for you. There are lots of fun ways you can stay fit without going to a gym - run, rock climb, bike, play an instrument, drum on the kitchen counter, play tag with your children, walk the dog, swim and the list goes on. Staying active improves endurance, strength and flexibility. It helps us look and feel better everyday.
Whether you love dancing or treating yourself to that occasional square of dark chocolate, your path to better health and wellness can be fun-filled and doable. Getting healthy for more years in your life is sometimes just a matter of putting a smile on your face and a little spring in your step.
thanks Hannah for this…these are things we all (sick or not sick) can benefit from!