Wednesday, November 25

Results

The muscle relaxants worked...whew!...but i had to go back for the MRI and test results.  I'd never had an MRI, had no clue what to expect - lemme just say that good thing i am not claustrophobic.  The technician put a "hanibal" looking mask around my head, gave me some ear plugs and said, "Just lie flat, try not to move and I'm going to take a few pictures of ur brain.  U will hear some loud noises and the test should last about 1/2 hr." She left the room...I was lying on a flat surface (don't remember if it was a bed or not) and there was another larger flat surface hanging above me.  She then said into a mike from the other room, "ok, we're going to start now." the flat surface above me started coming down and stopped within an inch of my face and i had to stay like that for the duration of the test - needless to say it was one of the longest 1/2 hours of my life.

This picture is a much newer version of the machine i was in/under/between.


I went back to see the neurologist, he came into the examination room and he said, "Mrs. O'brien, u've either had a mini stroke or u have Multiple Sclerosis." Please indulge me for a a minute...many times before the eyebrow twitching, i used to feel a tingling in my left arm and everytime it happened, i would jokingly tell my sister that i was having a stroke and she would laugh and tell me that i was an ass and we would move on with our day...now here is this neurologist (who i've since dropped; he didn't have a good bedside manner and he INSISTED on calling me Mrs. O'Brien - dumb ass) telling me that it's possible that i had had a mini stroke in the past...WHAT?!?!?!

From what I remember, he proceeded to tell me a little about MS and then told me that we would have to do more tests to be absolutely sure because of course I would get the disease for which there is no definitive test.   The tests?
Wait a minute...I din't sign up for this...didn't Richard Pryor die from MS...I wasn't ready...not now...not at all...WTF?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. OK,"MRS." O'brien, LOL! I didn't know you were married and I guess you didn't know either.I love this, make sure you keep it going.

    ReplyDelete